Built in 1580 Longstowe Hall is built on the site of a moated medieval House and was ambitiously enlarged in 1850 by Sir Sidney Stanley who commissioned architect William Fawcett to undertake the work. Located in South Cambridgeshire it stands in a park of approx 175 acres. Aquairon were commissioned with nothing more than an old photo, as can be seen top left, to redesign a copy of the original gates. During the process we were able to reuse the original hinges and achieve design accuracy by using the ironwork either side of the pillars as a reference in order to reproduce a faithful copy.’
How Can We Help
We are available to give advice, quotations and much more.